FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ON ALL WHEELS

Road wheels

Each and every Wheelworks wheel is built in our Lyall Bay, Wellington workshop.  All wheels are built to order and therefore customized to your weight, riding style, and aesthetic preferences.

Here is an overview of our most commonly used wheel components.  To talk about your perfect pair of wheels please get in touch or have a browse through all our recent wheelbuilds.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAEnve carbon

Produced by hand in the USA, Enve offer a wide range of carbon clincher and tubular rims with a wide range of uses.

See recent examples using Enve rims

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAMaker carbon

35mm and 50mm full carbon clinchers which are guaranteed for life.

Learn more about the Maker on it’s mini-site

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAPacenti SL23 aluminium

The SL23 is a versatile 23mm-wide rim which is suited to light weight do-all road and cyclocross wheelsets.

See recent examples or learn more about the SL23 rim.

 

DT Swiss 585DT Swiss 585 aluminium

Well suited to larger and more powerful riders, this Swiss-made rim is incredibly stiff and durable.

See recent examples or learn more about the DT Swiss 585 rim.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA80/20

While 80% of our wheels are covered by the above rims, the other 20% is where the fun is.  We’ve built everything from wooden rims to 1980’s tubulars to modern 85mm deep race wheels.  If you’ve got something in mind get in touch or have a browse through all our recent Road builds.

 

 

 

1-_MG_5922Alchemy ELF

The Alchemy ELF is the lightest front hub which ‘just works’ – wide flange spacing and wide bearing placement all wrapped up in a 66 gram package.  Although Alchemy hubs are difficult to get at the moment we’ll use these as a light weight alternative wherever we can.

See recent examples using the Alchemy ELF front hub.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAChris King R45

Built in Portland USA these high end hubs are famous for their ‘angry bees’ sound while freewheeling.  The R45 is a beautiful hub offered in a range of colours for traditional rim brakes as well as disc brakes.

See recent examples using the Chris King R45 hubs.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERADT Swiss 240s

The Swiss got so good at making watches that they branched out into bicycle hubs.  The DT Swiss 240s hubset is a real work of art: super simple and extremely durable while being light weight and user friendly.

See recent examples using the DT Swiss 240s hubs.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWhite Industries T11

These US-made hubs offer amazing performance and fantastic value for money.  Their titanium freehub body and oversized bearings work well for larger riders, but there is no reason for lighter riders not to use this high quality hub.  The T11 hubs are available in a raft of colours including the hot-pink pictured.

See recent examples using the White Industries T11 hubs.